Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 2nd Morning After

I finally got to sleep around two o'clock and slept pretty good but woke at five thirty and have been up since. I popped the last of my magic pills. I feel a tiny bit nausea this morning and the nurse told me if I feel the least bit to take another kind of pill they gave me so I did that too. I had a bowl of cereal but no coffee yet.

Other than the tiny feeling of nausea I feel good.

I'll probably get a nap in soon since sleep was short.

I am just so grateful for the day I had yesterday, if I don't do so well today at least I was spared one day of not feeling icky.
One of the other side effects are mouth sores. I was deligent in keeping my mouth as clean as possible yesterday, and I hope I don't get those. But we'll deal with that when we have to if we have to. My mind spins at all they tell me and all I read and it is scary waiting to see what these powerful drugs are doing to your body.

Next weekend my mom and her family are having the family reunion here in our town. The different families take turns each year, and usually they are held in Florida. Our time comes around about every five or six times I think. I was thinking that would be around the time my hair would fall out, they say day 14 or 15, but it will be only the 11th day.

I usually wear my hair short anyway but it has grown out longer than I usually wear it and my mom and I have talked about her cutting it really short all over and that way if it does happen to start coming out during that time it wouldn't fall out in big hunks, in my food or something. If it looks too bad I can wear a baseball cap. And then when it does start we'll just buzz it.

Anyway, so far so good. My little bit of ickiness is feeling better already.
I hope each of you have a good day.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, Just chatching up... I think maybe you were meant to read Psalm 57. It is good to know there is a refuge for your soul until "destruction passes by." Very beautiful soul-stirring words. Like you, I have a special affinity for the Psalms.

You could look at leaving the store, your "baby", for the medical leave of absence as practice for when you leave that store to move west. I know you will find creative ways to fill your time.

I hope today is as comfortable as yesterday.

hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

I think so Aisling too, wow. Thanks for the good wishes for today. Matthew texted me a few times yesterday to check on me and after the last one when I told him I felt great he said, "Chemo is BORING!" He made me laugh out loud. I told him yeah, it must be very overrated. So let's hope it stays that way.
And yes, I'll have to let go of my baby store anyway so I might as well get used to it now. When I transfer out west I may not be manager at whatever store I work in and that's ok by me as long as I can make enough money to live on. We'll see.
Have a good day yourself!
Love ya!

Michele said...

Sending good energy to you today, my new friend.

I just bought some really pretty headcoverings for Mom in case she loses her hair, they delivered them super-quick and I'm really pleased with the quality! just in case you want to take a peek:

http://www.headcovers.com/

Robbin said...

Thank you so much Rapunzel for the good energy and for the site. There are some cute ones for sure and good prices. I think I'll be much more comfortable in the hats and scarfs than wigs.
Sending good vibes for your mother today too and for YOU.

Anonymous said...

I remember when my daughter was first diagnosed with cervical cancer (she was just 18). The very first thing she did was wack off all her hair, into the cutest, spikiest cut!

Your attitude about all of this is remarkable, Robbin. I'm convinced that our emotions and thoughts have a very direct and impactful influence on our health - and your light is shining very brightly from here :) Keep your chin up - and may EVERY day from now on be less and less icky...may you feel more and more well...and may your haircut be FABULOUS ;) xoxoxo

Robbin said...

Hi Grace, thanks for stopping by, I always love to see you here. I'm trying, today has been a good day physically, a little bad emotionally, but I've managed to get through that. Come back soon. (I wondered about your daughter's cancer after reading you mentioning that. You've been through a bunch too!)