Saturday, July 12, 2008

Let's talk about FISH


I have been convinced quite
begrudgedly to have supper up at my mom's tonight with them. We are having fish. Grilled fish. Grouper. Now, first of all I know, I know, you probably think you can cook fish and I would like it. Every one's told me this and promised me this, but the truth is every time I've tried it, well, it tastes like FISH.
I really try to eat healthy and especially NOW, I am on a mission to do this, and I know all the health benefits of fish. Here where I live it is not a easy to get fresh fish, but there is a tiny little fish Market here and this guy does supposedly get fresh fish. This is where our Grouper fish is from for supper. I do know the few times I've been able to actually eat it and almost enjoy it, it does have to be fresh. So that's a good thing.
Down here, growing up, people always did and still do have big fish fries, with slaw and cheese grits and hush puppies. Usually it is Catfish. There are catfish houses, there are catfish every things, but even fried fish could I hardly get down. When I ate fried stuff.
I've had Salmon, I've had Tuna (I do like canned tuna, lol), I've had perch, I've had Tilapia, I've tried this, I've tried that. Can it be possibly that I just don't like FISH?
I've tried, I really have tried.
So, anyway, just wish me luck tonight. I'm going to give it my best shot, cause it really will be good for me.
(But just in case, I have a turkey breast going in the crock-pot~!)

2 comments:

MrsClare08 said...

I'm with ya on the fish thing! It doesn't matter what you do to a fish, it always tastes like FISH to me. I cant get past the smell! And everyone tells me if it's fresh it should NOT smell, but I think it's just me. I just can't get to like fish. I really wish I liked it because of the health benefits, but nope, just can't do it! LOL!

Robbin said...

Hi Sara, so nice to see you visit.
I know, fish is fish, can't change it.
Over the years I've begun to eath things I never liked when I was younger,but FISH, I just can't do it. At least not on a regular basis. Hope your weekend is a going well. Visit soon again!