Monday, July 21, 2008

I Got Sent a Rainbow




One night last week when I came home from the Campground late, I was tired and ready to just fall into bed. There was a package there on my porch however from one of the sister stores of the company that I work for. It was from the manager and her employees of a store. The manager I know well, I've never met her employees at all.
Inside the bag was a big bag, (41 ounces) of Skittles. The card said, "Remember after the rain there is a Rainbow. " When you opened up the card it said, "And if I have to - I'll come over and paint the darn thing on your ceiling!!!"
It cracked me up. Denise (the manager) wrote me a note and told me she just wanted to give me a smile, which she did, but then her employees, each wrote me a little rainbow note as well.
Like, "Taste the Rainbow", and "We'll paint with all the colors of the wind and have your bedroom tasting of Skittles."
Very sweet and made me smile big too. Skittles anyone?
'

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh good I can actually comment today. Yesterday I tried and nothing happened! :)

I love the gift of a rainbow. Very sweet. The message in the card is awesome.

Hope you have a great week.

hugs,
Aisling

Marge said...

What a neat way to send a rainbow into someone's life! I'm going to remember this...and everytime I think of the saying that after the rain comes a rainbow, I'm betting I instead think that after the rain comes skittles!

Wishing you a week filled with rainbows.....I see it's already filled with Skittles. And thanks for offering to share!

Blessings on your day,
Marge

Chellie said...

I love thoughtful gifts such as these. I bet that really put a smile in your heart upon finding that!

Robbin said...

Aisling, I'm glad you could comment too! Can't have that!
It was such a sweet gift for sure.

Robbin said...

Marge, LOL, I wish you were right here and we'd open this big old bag, and taste that rainbow together. It brought a smile for sure. I hope you have a rainbow filled week too!

Robbin said...

Chellie, wasn't that wonderful? Denise is one of the most positive people I've ever met and she spreads it around for sure.

Tammy Brierly said...

That was very thoughtful of them. I can never think of little creative gestures like that. I'm jotting this down. ;)

Robbin said...

I know Tammy, wasn't that something?