Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Good Time


Today, I'm not leaving home. I've had such a good time for the last three days but I am very tired and am going to be very lazy today.
The meal for the reunion was at noon yesterday and although the Camp Kitchen was air conditioned, it was hot and crowded in there, (we had a really good turn out) and so I fixed my plate and went outside to eat along with some others that did the same thing. After I ate I walked just a little distance to where one of my cousins was (at the playground). There was a bench and I sat there for a minute, in the shade and when I got up, my world was spinning. I thought it would get better but it didn't and I had to go to my Mom's trailer and lie down for a bit. I just got too hot before I realized it I guess.

Before long one of my cousins came to see about me, and then another and then before long, we had our own little private reunion together. The three sisters are our mothers and we can all relate because some of their ways , well really a lot of their ways are alike.

I think they worried we were plotting against them, lol as one of or other of them kept opening the camper door and just sticking their heads in checking on us, just like they did when we were kids. Cracked me up. We're in our late 30's and late 40's and I am the oldest at 51 but of course we are still those little kids to them.

I had the best time, my mother and her sisters may have a hard time getting along but we've always loved each other, and although we've all gotten busy with our lives and don't see each other like we should, we can usually catch up quickly. We always promise to stay in touch better but somehow we don't. I wish we would.

Anyway, everyone will leave this morning but I won't be out there so I had to say my goodbyes last night and by the time I got home, I have never been so tired. I know now what they mean by Fatigue. It's different from just being tired. But I had a good sleep, woke up way to early which is beginning to be my habit but there is a few naps in my future for today.

I hope you all have a good and peaceful Sunday.

7 comments:

Marge said...

Robbin, we had a big family reunion yesterday too! Seems it so often takes a funeral to get families together, but it was so wonderful to visit with so many friends and relatives. An aunt (my mom's only sister), cousins,and second cousins came from Wisconsin where my mom was raised and my dad's little sister came from Iowa with several of her children, my cousins. We so appreciated them coming as they are getting older and the trip was rough on them. But we had a wonderful service and a beautiful celebration of mom going to heaven.

Thank you for our support during this tough time. I am just amazed at what close friendships can develop from the blogasphere, but I am so grateful to have you all!

Marge

Tammy Brierly said...

I think it's hilarious the sisters kept checking on you girls. ;) Their ears were probably burning. lol

I'm so happy you were able to enjoy the reunion as much as you did. Keep in touch with your cousins, you have the time and can always use extra troops.

Rest up because I'll be calling for the details soon.

Love
T

L'Adelaide said...

sounds like you wore yourself out having all that fun and, I might add, eating all that food!! I have very little extended family and I felt a little envious of your reunion....not ever having it, I don't know what I might be missing, but it looks nice to have so many relatives! (maybe :)

rest now...

Robbin said...

Marge, Tammy, and Linda, I did wear myself out pretty well for sure. But I'll be fine, just can't get enough sleep today, that's pretty much all I've done today.
Hope you all had a good day

Mary said...

I'm so very glad that you enjoyed spending time and swapping stories with family you don't see often. I've been thinking about you a lot today. I hope and pray that you rested and are now feeling better. Please take care of yourself and remember you're in my prayers.

Michele said...

So glad you had a wonderful time!

Robbin said...

Thank you Mary. It was wonderful and I'm glad I could go.

Thank you Rapunzel. I am glad this week I can take it easy, it took more out of me than I realized.