Monday, July 14, 2008

A Little Lesson Learned

I've had a really good day, full of nothing very productive, at least not in the physical way, but very emotionally Good.. first I get an Email that cracks me up and makes me laugh right out loud, real loud. I'm learning to really laugh you see. Maybe a giggle before, or a little smile, but I want to see real humor and I want to laugh REAL laughter.
And so I did.
Then I went to the mailbox and I had a card from my best friend's Mom, and it was a very special one and a wonderful little handwritten note, and it made me know she was thinking of me and that made me feel good.
I spent some time with my mother, to break the day up, and she filed my all of a sudden long nails and put a coat of clear shiny fingernail polish on them, so I am shiny! Or at least my fingernails are.
And then, I got the most special phone call from one of the most special people I know, and that made my DAY!
SO, see, you don't have be accomplishing THINGS to have a good day. Some times it's enough to just recieve Things. And for me it is a lesson I'm learning.

10 comments:

Chellie said...

Thanks for being there!! Love ya!

Robbin said...

Well, thank you for being there too Chellie. Love ya too!

Tammy Brierly said...

It's tough to be a receiver when you have always been the giver. Receiving is a gift to the giver, so receive away. lol Say that three times fast!

HUGS

Robbin said...

LOL, I can hardly talk straight anyway Tammy, so I don't think I can but you are right. Learning to recieve is important too but it is hard, especially when you're a little bit stubborn like me. Just a little bit....

Marge said...

Robbin, I think you are more than just a little bit stubborn! And that's good, because you aren't giving in to the roadblocks trying to stop you on your journey through life. I have always thought that those are a bit stubborn are those who heal faster, and that's exactly what I'm expecting of you.

And I know about the receiving part......it's hard when you've always been on the giving end of things, but you know what? Now it's time for you to sit back and receive for awhile......graciously receive. In your gracious
receiving you will be teaching others that it's okay to receive, so in a way, you are giving!

Enjoy it and God's blessings!
Marge

Robbin said...

Hey Marge, yep, you got me pegged, I'm very stubborn, but like you say, it could be a trait that comes in handy right now. I don't really think I've ever done enough giving,at least not as much as I should, but I've never felt comfortable recieving, which is just as bad and a gift as you say to people. DID that make sense?
Thanks for stopping by. I always like it when you do.

amy said...

You, stubborn? Judging from the children you raised, I find that verrrrry hard to believe. LOL

I'm glad you had a good day. Your good day just brought me a good one, too. :-)

Robbin said...

LOL, hi Amy, well, it could be a little bit of a trait that is in the family, maybe.
I'm glad you got a good day from my good day.
Love you bunches.

L'Adelaide said...

I am glad you had a good day today and are now of shiny nails as well! I am hoping this week is as symptomless as last week's was, as I am sure you are too.

just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Robbin said...

Hi Linda, I was just thinking of you. Glad to see you over here! Come again soon. Wouldn't that be great, the not much of symptoms? A blessing that I appreciate every minute.
I hope you are feeling ok.