Monday, July 07, 2008

At the Day's End

Well I made it through the Muga Test. No big deal, they draw blood, mix it with some radiation and insert in back and then you go under a machine that detects the radiation and it shows a live movie of your heart working, they are looking at the heart muscles. They will repeat this test along with other xrays through out the treatment.
No special instructions about tomorrow, just show up.
I am going to be on conference call early tomorrow even though it is doubtful I will even return to work for quite awhile, as badly as I hate to give work up right now, I know I must take this time for me and to concentrate on getting through this.
Nobody has to go with me tomorrow, and I can drive myself home. My mom I think will probably just drop by and check on me but it would drive her nuts to stay there with me the four or five hours I'll be there. So, I'll take a book as the chemo drips, drips, drips into my body.
I've not felt so great today, not sick or anything, just not as good as I've been feeling. Stress maybe or just one of those days when you just don't feel 100%. I've felt so good since I started back to work so I'm not sure what it was. I am feeling better today. My Chemo nurse reminded me that I actually had surgery Thursday and I did work the two days afterwards and maybe that was what it was.
One nice thing is that I am able to take the treatments right here in my town. The radiation treatments will have to be every day and out of town. But for now, until October I'll get to just be 15 minutes from where I have to go.
And so that was about it. I did get to go out after my procedure and get pictures for my mom of the campground.
It is a pretty place to camp. It is surrounded by pecan trees and very peaceful out there.
I'm tired and probably going to bed soon. Thanks to those of you who wished me well and thanks so much to listening to my story and for so much support.
I'll keep you updated.
Hope a peaceful night for you and sweet dreams.

4 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Sweet Dreams to YOU too Robbin! Tammy sent me over, I'm here with love and prayers! Wish YOU didn't have to go by yourself tomorrow! I'll be thinking of YOU! xo, Cinda

Robbin said...

Welcome Cinda, thank you for that love and prayers. I don't mind so much going alone but thanks for being concerned. Please ome again.

Marcie said...

Robbin, I'm with you in spirit as you go through this today.

hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Thank you Aisling, I knew that and I feel you there for real! I'll report back even here or I'll email you privately.