Thursday, July 03, 2008

Off to the Hospital Once Again

People at the hospital know me so well lately they greet me by name. Not a good thing, I never really wanted to know these wonderful people that well. But for a little town we have, in my opinion ,a very good hosptial with mostly caring and sensitive people.
So, I'm about to shower and get ready to go to One Day Surgery for this foreign body to be placed in my chest.
The dr. says about 1 out of 100 people may get their lung punctured. I warned him that I'd better be one of the 99 that doesn't happen to and I shook my finger at him too! So maybe he'll have steady hands today. I can't handle a puctured lung at this point.
I'm sure it will go well and it is just one step closer to prepare for the battle. Anyway, I'll report back later and let you know.
Hope you all have a good Thursday.
Love,
Robbin

6 comments:

Marge said...

Thoughts, prayers, and cyber hugs.

Memaw's memories said...

Be strong, be brave. My prayers are with you. I have your name on a sticky note on my monitor. That's where I put special people I'm praying for. That way each time I look at it, I say a little prayer for you to get through all these struggles--and I have faith you will.

Tammy Brierly said...

Email me on how it went? They can do this blind folded (sort of). ;) This is your armored breast plate so wear it proudly and if it gets too heavy remember it's purpose.

Smooches for your boo boo!

Robbin said...

Marge, thanks so much, I'm home now and it went well.
Shirley, I'm so touched that I'm on a sticky note. Thanks, those prayers and good thoughts helped me for sure.
And Tammy, I just emailed you and I was trying to think of what we were going to call this thing in sync with the Warrior that I am and the battle I am fighting and that was perfect!

Mary said...

I read but seldom post - it's not that I don't care - I just don't always know what to say. I want you to know that I'm thinking of you today and praying that the chemo will not be as bad as you think. You've had so much to bear. I admire you for your strength in the face of so much adversity.

Robbin said...

Oh thank you Mary, I know you care. There's not much to say and just telling me hello makes my day. I'm at peace with whatever I have to face here and though I am scared, I am very determined. So, thank you for sharing this with me and for thinking about me and for being there, even silently.