Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Fight is On! & Other Miscellaneous Thoughts


Got my war paint on this morning and doing my war dance. I am still not quite right, but feel better than I did yesterday. I feel a little more protected since starting the antibiotic, and I'm suppose to take my temp every few hours and so far so good with that. The magic number is 100.4 degrees, if it goes over that I am to call them.


I don't feel extremely bad, just don't feel good, lol. Dah, that probably make a lot of sense. I woke up very early this morning, five o'clock to be exact but I slept a lot yesterday.

And so here I sit, waiting for those white cells to reproduce themselves. My body is working hard, I can feel it and my Spirit is fighting even harder.


I've had three Netflix movies since sometime in May, and finally I sent them back so I'm getting three new ones today. So I'll have movies to watch.


My head is not smooth bald, still have hair, like a man's really short crew cut and I keep rubbing it, it feels weird. Both my sons shave their heads and I remember seeing them do that, rub their heads, now I understand why.. it feels weird!


I have all I need to make a pair of chandelier earrings. I might do that today.


I miss work, and the girls there and the Doctor there. I miss the customers, even the grouchy ones. I feel like I'm so useless to the world, like I'm contributing nothing much. That is why I need to get back to the jewelry making, at least maybe I'd feel like I'm accomplishing something.


I don't think I'm going to be able to be with my mother when my Stepfather has his surgery and I hate that. Of course by then, August 5th, I'll have had my second treatment which is on July 29th, so we'll see.


Anyhow......I hope you all have a good day. Keep those prayers and thoughts and good vibrations coming my way, I appreciate them so much you know.

Love,

Robbin




12 comments:

MrsClare08 said...

I think about ya and pray for ya every single day. Sounds like you're doing well! I'm sending good vibrations your way! :) Stay strong! All my love...

Robbin said...

Hi Sara, good to see you here. Thanks for all those things, they help so much.

Mary said...

You ARE accomplishing something. You are fighting an awsome war with a terrible foe. At the same time you are teaching your friends how to do so with grace and determination. You have my prayers.

Michele said...

Robbin, I am going with my mom to the hairdresser this afternoon..wish me luck..I'll be thinking of you and how brave you are. xoxoxox

Robbin said...

Thanks Mary, I know I have to stay focused on this fight. And I am determined for sure, thanks for reminding me.

Robbin said...

I'll be there with you Rapunzel, and I know how hard it will be, for you as well. Be strong!

Tammy Brierly said...

The waiting game is tough when out there things are still moving right along. I had to get past that too and it takes time. The jewlery, reading and movies will help.

Your grandbaby is a beauty. I'm off to visit Amy.

Love ya WARRIOR

L'Adelaide said...

hi...it must be in the air maybe...I feel useless and very ill...off to the doctor in a couple of hours to see what damage has been done to my bone marrow, etc.

Go for those earrings! Making something always lifts my spirits! I just can't get into movies these days so I watch alot of HGTV if I watch anything at all. Hoping you keep on keeping on cause you are my main inspiration! :)

xoxox

amy said...

Matthew says it's probably a good thing now that you are doing your treatment there. If you were here you would be exposed to all the BAZILLIONS of germs that Haleigh brings in every day. You'd be sharing germs with all the neighborhood kids! See, timing is everything, and it all works out. Love ya. I hope you feel better very soon!!!!

Robbin said...

Hey Tammy, I ended up not feeling good enough to do much but sleep. Had a bad day. But am feeling better tonight.
I am still in Warrior Mode, just had to rest up a little.

Robbin said...

Linda, I'm keeping on, just had a rough day but already feel better now. I slept mostly. Flu like symtoms which they tell me is normal as long as I don't run a fever.

Robbin said...

Thanks Amy, I'm hanging.