Saturday, July 19, 2008

Reunion Day

Well, today's the big day. The meat has been smoked and chopped, salads are made, desserts are made and Watermelons arrived straight from the field. Decorations were being put up as I left last night.
The last few days have been filled with lots of commotion, laughter and love. I've been able to spend time favorite cousins

I've had my mom's camper to go to when I needed to take a break and rest and we're ready for the extended family to arrive. We're expecting around fifty or sixty people.
That one Aunt,
(that perhaps everyone has?) has even been nice and helpful and treated both her sisters with respect and love. That has not always been the case with her. But she is being a really good girl so far. (She is the younger of the three sisters.)

I've been good, just very tired after I come back home but able to sleep well and start all over the next morning. I haven't been much help to them in the preparations, I wanted to, I could have, but they won't let me. But then again I'd have missed some of the best moments if I'd been part of all that work they were doing.



Have a good day to you all and I'll report back tomorrow.

8 comments:

Michele said...

Have a wonderful time today! xoxoxo

Robbin said...

Thank you Rapunzel, and I hope you have a good weekend too.

Tammy Brierly said...

Can you ship me a plate via a cute Fed Ex guy? lol Yummy!

I have an aunt like that and she out lived both sisters plus her mom. Where is the karma in that tale. She took all the money to boot!

Enjoy the fun! XXOO

Mary said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! I hope it all goes well and I'm sure it will. Wish I could sneak in for a snack of that meat. It looks soooo yummy! Have a good time but don't overdo.

Marge said...

I hope you had a wonderful day today at your reunion. It sounds like you had lots of good food!

We had a beautiful service today for my mom. The church was full of family and friends, and we had such nice visits with folks we haven't seen for years. And as I just commented on Shirley's blog, I had all 15 of my grand kids there!

I will try to catch up and then will get something posted soon.

Blessings, Marge

Robbin said...

Hey Tammy, silly girl, I would have done that if only I'd gotten your message sooner.
Funny about your aunt.
I had a very good time but I am tired tired tired! Not leaving home today at all.

Robbin said...

Mary, that meat was good. Some of the men stayed up all night smoking it. They chipped some and pulled some and didn't add bbq sauce but had sauce that you could add if you wanted. It was good to me without the sauce. I'm afraid I did over do it a little yesterday, at least I think I let myself get too hot, but I'm ok and will rest up today.

Robbin said...

(((Marge)))), I thought of you often yesterday and I know you are tired too. I'm so glad too that your mom was spared the pain that sometimes cancer patients have.
You take care of you now. I'm glad you got to be with all 15 and was surrounded by love through all this.