Saturday, July 12, 2008

A SIDE EFFECT

I do have a side effect..indigestion. I usually never have indigestion. I did with both pregnancies and it liked to have killed me. My grandmother told me both times it was because the babies would be born with lots of hair and they both were. But since then, hardly ever. So in the last few days it got bad enough to call my Nurse and she said, it was a fairly common side effect of the chemo and to buy something over the counter and try that, and if that didn't work they'd put me on something prescription. Great! Just what I need another prescription drug. But I did buy some of what she suggested and it is helping a lot already.
I feel so lucky so far not having much to complain about and the indigestion didn't seem that big until it got pretty bad and my Nurse keeps telling me to call about anything. So I'm glad I did.
My mother and I went to town today and did a little shopping, and I got to see the girls at work and it was nice.
It's really, really hot here today and so it was good to get out early enough in the day for that not to be so draining. But I'm not tired out much at all.
My son Matthew was beginning to think they were just giving me water, so there you go Matthew, I have a side effect!
This one I can live with.

2 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Robbin thank you for stopping by for a visit, and the nicest comment. I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. It is getting very humid here also, so I stay in when it is like that out. Take care, and stop again.

Hugs;
Alaura

Robbin said...

Hi Alaura, thank you for dropping by. Come again.