Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Lemon-Aide


This is "Lemon-Aide the I'm here for you Clown." The Cancer Department of the hospital gave him to me yesterday. All Chemo patients get him, or at least the women do. He has kind of a cool story that started right here in Georgia. You can read about it
here. He has symbols on him that go like this. He has tear on his cheek because he is so sad that even children get cancer. He has heart buttons because he loves everyone. HE has socks on because your feet get cold during treatment. He has a hat to cover his head just in case he loses his hair during treatment. His hair in unruly because that's the way it grows back. He also wears a cape that is designed to write on with your name or special messages of encouragement.
One of the few things that really gives me the heeby jeebies are clowns. I'm not fond of them, especially real ones (I know, I know, I need help with this little fear) but I like the story behind Lemon-Aide and what he stands for so I might have to make an exception.

5 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

robbin, have I told you, you are my most recent hero? here I am whining around about this stupid drug I have to take for 6 mths for CFS, etc., and you are going through the cancer prep with hardly a whine or a whimper! I hate clowns too...why not a little doggie or kitty or kangaroo? about the wig/hat question, I think I would hold my bald head up high and proud for the warrior YOU are!

you stay in my prayers.

Robbin said...

Oh Linda, thank you so much, it is you and the others here and the support of my family that is giving me all the strength that I can muster to get through this. (I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is not fond of Clowns). Some people are horrified that I don't want a wig but they don't know I am a true warrior and I am going to wear my bald head proudly. (ok, covered with a scarf at least) LOL. You take care and I hope you get through your challenge ok. We all got them you know.

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm with Linda about clowns but I like sentiment behind it. I think warrior dog is more my style. ;)

HUGS

amy said...

I'm with you on the creepy clown thing, but this little guy does at least have a good story. :-) Good luck! I wish I could be there to help you next week!

Robbin said...

LOL, I'm so glad I'm not alone on clowns, not too many people know that about me, but they give me the creeps! And yep, Tammy, our mascot for this battle is a little Warrior Sweetie Dog.
I wish you could be too Amy, but I'll be fine. I am armed with some of the best known prevent sickness after chemo there is to man!