Monday, July 28, 2008

This and That

The thing about blogging when you've not really been out of your house except for a few times up to my mom's in almost a week is there is not a lot to share.
I watched a movie called "Reservation Road" that was good. A sad story (I can't seem to get a movie that doesn't touch on something that is happening to me, I guess that stuff makes good movies) but I also watched a cute movie called "Over Her Dead Body" light hearted and funny, although death was involved there too!
I am also reading a new Lu Anne Rice Book that centers around the death of a woman's 18 year old son. I promise I am not seeking these things out for that reason, it just happens
.
I have also become involved in a computer game that amazes me, it is a Virtual Village of people that you have to keep alive. You have to figure out how to get them food, how to train them in trades so that you'll have Dr's and Builders, and farmers. You can have babies, if you can get two people to like each other. It's funny, they go inside a hut and if it works, the woman comes out carrying a baby. It keeps my mind occupied but the thing is, you get kind of attached to these people and just like in real life they die! The game goes on even after you aren't playing, so sometimes you log on and you've lost some people. The villager's bury them and everything. It's amazing how far they've come with computer games since I first had my first computer ten years ago.

I don't know what to expect this week. Tomorrow I go to the Dr. and we'll see how my body is doing since the first treatment and we'll see if the plan to have the next one goes on. I am concerned about my kidneys, and although the antibotic I am thinking fought off an infection I want to make sure that they are not suffering in all this. My kidneys have always been the weakest link in my body, I had kidney stones at 22 and I've had a history of infections during my life. And now that I know more about what having Chemo does to me, I have questions for the Dr. that I didn't know to ask before.

Ok, so I've written a long post about really nothing here, but it's my life for the moment. Thanks for all ya'lls words of encouragment, for always being here to listen to me.

I hope for you all a very good Monday and a good rest of the week.
Love,
Robbin

12 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, I always feel like my blog is about "nothing." I write about what's blooming, how the weather is. It's like watching the grass grow. *grin*

It sounds as if you are doing pretty well keeping yourself occupied. You, with your computer game, sound like my exchange student. A couple of weeks before she left, she got a new laptop (cheaper here) and SIMS. She played it for hours on end, and worried over her people too.

You'll have to give us a review on the new LuAnn Rice novel. I've read and enjoyed some of her books. I just saw a new one on Saturday, but didn't pick it up. I need to get my books at the library as much as possible (to avoid clutter!)

Glad to read a post from you. I hope the week goes smoothly and that you get good answers to your questions. I will be thinking of you, as always! :)

Robbin said...

Hi Aisling, well you always make your blog interesting to me so matter what your subject is.
I thought I'd like the Sims too but I never have bought it.
I'll let you know about the book and I'll keep you posted about tomorrow.
I'm just a little restless this morning and I hate that feeling.
Thanks for dropping by. Love ya always!

Marge said...

Robbin, you never post about nothing! I guess one of the reasons I enjoy your blog so much is that it seems like we're just sitting down with a cup of coffee and chatting away about things that women find to chat about. So don't think you have nothing to say..........just keep on as you are.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you approach your doctor with your questions, and find out if the chemo is doing what it's supposed to be doing. It's good you've taken it upon yourself to learn as much as you can so you can ask intelligent questions.

I've been on a little downer myself and haven't blogged much at all. I hope to work myself out of this funk and get back on track.

Blessings on your week, and I'll be thinking of you. Marge

Mary said...

I agree that each of us feel we are posting about nothing but to others it's something. I always look forward to hearing about your day and your plans for the next one.

This will be a really busy day for me. I'm taking the grandsons for back to school clothes. Of course that will lead to lunch and time looking at "stuff" they want to check out. By this evening I'll be ready for the men in the little white coats. I hope they bring a gurney because I won't be able to walk by the time this day is over.

Enjoy your day as best you can and remember you're in my prayers.

Robbin said...

Thank you Marge, that's what I am doing, just chatting, lol. I'm sorry you're in a funk, I think I am too, trying to fight it, and I'll get past it too. I'll be thinking of you and hoping you have a good day.

Robbin said...

LOL,Mary, I hope you survive the day minus the men with the white coats. I remember those back to school shopping days with my own boys. My mom would take them sometimes and they'd hate it when she make them try on jeans and she'd check the "stride". She'd embarrass them to death.
I'm hanging in there and keep those thoughts and prayers coming.

amy said...

Ooh, what's the new LuAnn Rice book? I just finished one that was "new" in paperback called "What Matters Most" and i LOVED it!!!! I'll have to look for this new one!

Robbin said...

It's called "Last Kiss" Amy. It has some of the characters that were in "Beach Girls" in it. That was one of my favorites by her, although I'd forgotten it.

Memaw's memories said...

Posting about nothing! That's what I do all the time. I certainly couldn't win a pulitzer with my meanderings. But I keep on anyway.

I hope your next treatment goes well, and the answers are good ones. You are always in my prayers.

L'Adelaide said...

hi robbin, I enjoy your postings and always look to see what you are up to! so keep on, keeping on, ok? I have been a little lax lately coming by, very tired and not sleeping is wearing me out. Glad you are sleeping well...

you need the Sims, you would go crazy over it! It freaks my daughter out so much, she refuses to open her newest version...it was having her whole town die from something,lol....after all that time of building it up too!

I will be eagerly watching for your post about what the doctor says...it's probably going to be a go for the chemo, I suppose...hoping it goes as well as this one seems to have, well, at least no nausea and vomiting.

xoxox

Robbin said...

Hi Shirley, I happen to enjoy your postings very much, and to me they brighten my day. So I'd give you a pulizer if I could.
Thanks for your good wishes, I'll keep you posted.

Robbin said...

Hey Linda, I am thankful and cannot complain if the next one is the same as this one has been.
I'd better stay away from the Sims, these little villagers are driving me nuts, I can't keep them fed! But they keep me occupied.
I am glad too to sleep, I wish for you the same, it would help you so much.
I'll keep you posted on tomorrow's visit.
Have a good night!