Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Got an AWARD!


Linda, over at Vulture Peak passed this thoughtful award along to me and I'm so proud. I told you about her yesterday, she in fact made the theme of my whole day be COLOR yesterday.
And like I said, she is always checking on me and her page, well, it just makes you feel good without even reading a word.
Anyway, I am honored to get it, and the rules are to pass it on to seven or more bloggers that you admire. It's a good way to share blogs, and to meet other bloggers that you made have not found. Linda included the rules on her page if you'd like to follow them and give the award to someone on your blogroll.
I am going to pass it on to a group of people that have meant so much to me lately, and like Linda says, feel no obligation to do anything with it, just know it is sent to you in the spirit that I think you are all wonderful women.
But............my feelings might get hurt just a little if you don't display it proudly!
Linda and I share a few of the same blogs and she included them on her page, so check them out for sure, but here are mine.


Chellie at The Dolphin Cove
:
Chellie and I have been friends for a long time now, and we've shared ups and downs and downs, lol. We both faced major surgery, we both survived. We think alike in many ways and her heart is as big as they come and she is Real and that's always what attracts me about people. Chellie, thanks for always being with me and there for me. Chellie and I have even spoken on the phone and there is only one other blogger I've done that with, and if both of these Ladies knew how shy I am to talk to people on the phone, then they'd really appreciate how much I love them even more. (although once on and I heard Chellie's voice, well, she had me at hello, what can I say? ) I know Chellie's future is so bright, I have a feeling, have had for some time that something really special is coming her way soon. Sometimes you just know these things.


Tammy at The Daily Warrior
:
This is the only other wonderful friend I've spoken to on the phone, she tricked me into it because I emailed her for an opinion on something and she told me she'd email me back but I'd wear her little finger out typing, so I gave in and talked to her just yesterday. And like with Chellie, I knew how much putting a voice with that person made me feel. And I know we'll have lots of other conversations and I know this for sure, and laugh if you want, I know for sure this woman is going to be a part of my life forever. And in person too. Just wait for that post on my blog, you'll see. Sometimes you just know these things. This I know. (sorry Tammy, you're stuck with me)
Tammy came out of what seems like nowhere to me and was at my side right when I needed her the most. She lives as a Warrior and from the start she made it clear that was what I needed to do too, and she was going to help me. She spent a day with what she called, "a Robbin blog reading day" and caught up with just who I was and from that, she knew me, just like that! At first when she emailed me and said, look what we have in common!, I was impressed but then when I read her blog, sometimes I felt like I was reading my own words. Anyway, if you've not visited her , please do, her story is something, but SHE is the reason her story is so inspirational. A Real true person, a real true heart of
Gold. Plus she is an excellent and talented writer. Her poetry is wonderful and she wrote me my very own poem that is on my sidebar! Forever. (with Dave's flowers of course).


Amy at Embracing Change
: What can I say, she is my daughter in law? But without being bias, I can assure you she writes so well and her outlook in life in general is something to embrace. She and I are kindred spirits and that's pretty cool when you're like that with your son's wife. There you can catch glimpses of my BEAUTIFUL grandchild, my VERY handsome son and learn a little about their lives in the Pacific Northwest. Amy is a talented singer and actress on the side, good enough to do it professionally really! But for now she does it on the side and is teaching my grandchild all she can about the joy of being artistic and true to herself. Love you Amy!


(Geez, sorry I'm writing a book here, but I'm not kidding you about these
people. )


Marge at Road Sage
:
You may have noticed that my friend Marge just lost her mom, so I know she will not see this for a while but I still wanted her to have it. She has become a cheerleader in my corner. Not a day or night or sometimes both goes by that she doesn't check on me. She comes from a family whose roots are so deeply embedded in family love that it amazes me. She and her husband retired a few years back and toured the country in a RV. She has bunches of grandchildren whom she loves and adores and she is such a calming sweet spirit for me to have around. Though I've only just met her here, I feel I've known her always. So, Marge, I love you and I'm thinking of you and know how much I care.



Mary at Pathways
:
Mary is a very new friend, I've been visiting her for a little while now, I kept going back for just a nice homey family feeling. She loves her children and the time she spends with her grandchildren is precious to her. Mary offers me encouragement and lets me know she is thinking of me in sweet, short, comments. Her husband Harry, has live reef tanks where he grow things like Coral and other stuff. Search her blog for amazing pictures.



Becca at Becca's Byline
:
This is a new friend to me too. Becca is a writer in the true sense of the word (and a teacher too, please don't get on to me for using sense if it were suppose to be since or since, I could never get that.) Her thought provoking posts keep me thinking long after I've left her and I'm just now getting to know the special soul she is. She checks on me too, offering me encouragement and special thoughts. I look forward to getting to know her better.



Shirley at Meemaw Bake's Memories
: Now, Shirley is so funny to me. There are mornings when her posts crack me up and it is always, always, something you can relate to. Her family is very important to her too. She lives her life really and truly as a Christian woman, enjoying her church family and friends. She pokes fun at herself but I think she is pretty special. She's been with me every step of the way through my deal here and I will never forget the day I had my first chemo she told me she had a yellow sticky note on her computer at work with my name on it so she prayed for me every time she saw it. How's that for a friend? I know I gave you one award, but you needed another one so there!



The rules weren't that you had to say something about the people you wanted to honor but this was my opportunity to put you all in the same room sort of and let you know how special each one of you are to me. Whether you made a comment or you just read or I read something you wrote, it didn't matter. I read so many blogs where people are trying too hard to be cute or funny or caring and it just doesn't come off very well, but all of you, every single one of you are Real and have qualities that I admire. So, sorry to get mushy here, but it is true. You've all carried me from step to step, from day to day each one in your own special way. And for that I thank you all.


Special note to Aisling: Linda got you first but you know how high up you rate with me. And thank you for my new desk top, he is happy there and makes me smile!

10 comments:

Chellie said...

Wow! That was sooooooo nice to read. Thank you for all that you said. I had no idea that you wre shy on the phone. It seems you and I talk like we've been doing it for years! That must mean something, huh? Like you area a special person.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll play along a little later tonight or tomorrow. Check in with my blog! :)

Robbin said...

You're welcome Chellie, I am so glad to see you felt so good yesterday. Love ya!

Marcie said...

Robbin, You've "awarded" some great blogs. What a wonderful circle of friends you've got supporting you... a great big net of friendship stretching all across our country (and the world, perhaps!) How's that for amazing?

I'm glad you like your new desktop. My Mom liked that photo so much that she is going to machine embroider that photo and make him the center piece of a quilted wallhanging. I hope she'll let me share a photo when it is done.

Thanks for adding that special note for me. :)

hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

I KNOW Aisling, aren't they great and aren't I the luckiest human being on earth to have such a strong support system. The proof's in the pudding, look I good I'm doing.
Oh, yes, please try to get pictures, that will be beautful, a wall hanging.
Love to you,
And have a good day!

Tammy Brierly said...

Robbin, I'm so humbled by your words as you fight your battle in the midst of profound grief. Thank you!

Kindred spirits, always.

Love
T

Marge said...

Thank you so much Robbin for your very kind words and for the award. As you know with the grieving process, it takes awhile work through things, but I must report that I am doing well. I'm not quite up to writing a blog yet, but I will soon. We have a three hour visitation tomorrow, and the our church service and burial on Saturday, so we are keeping occupied with getting those things organized. We have such wonderful friends, especially church friends, who are helping us so much.

And I don't know what I'd do without you, my dear online friend. Your words bring me such peace, and I'm sure it's because your own grief is still so raw. We will heal together Robbin. Even though circumstances were so different, the loss is still the same.

You are loved,
Marge

Robbin said...

Tammy, I wanted somehow to let you know how much I appreciate you and to let you know how you nudged me back into thinking about a fight I had to get into. After Jonathan, my own health seemed almost like, "so what", but you made me realize I have lots to get healthy for and that I had to take part in it and, well you taught me to be a Warrior! That saying "I've got Cancer but Cancer doesn't have me", I got that now. And that is the way this thing is going down. Love you!

Robbin said...

OH Marge, I am so glad to see you and so glad you saw your flowers and your award. I was suppose to leave you a note on your blog to let you know it was here but the time wasn't right and I was hoping you'd come by and see it. And the flowers? Well, those are glads that bloomed earlier in the spring in my Mom's garden and if you scroll down to the very bottom of this blog you'll see they are the ones I've kept there in memory of Jonathan, because he was too beautfiul for this world and I wanted those for your Mom too.
I remember well the days you are having now, lots of it to me now are like a dream but I remember it all well, and I just know your Mom will have the most wonderful service and will bring ya'll all comfort.
And yes, we will heal together, and I love you. And will be thinking of you all weekend.

Becca said...

Robbin! Thanks so much :)

The more I get to know you, the more you inspire and delight me. I'm honored :)

Blessings to you...

Robbin said...

Thanks Becca, I'm glad we found each other. I'm glad you like your award! Looking forward to knowing you better as time goes on.