Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Forgot.....

...I wanted to share a lady's story that I met yesterday in Oncology. She saw the Dr. before I did. She was older than me, probably closer to 60 and she and her husband came out of the office smiling like crazy yet her husband had tears running down his face. I had just spoken to her a bit before but just chatted about how long we'd all had to wait and I didn't know of her condition. She had no hair and a cute yellow baseball cap on, (all of sudden I'm obsessed with hats). Anyway, when she sat back down in the recliner next to me and they started hooking her up she looked at me and said, "I just got wonderful news". She had cancer in the lining of her lung and it had moved to her liver. Hundreds of little legions. She'd been fighting it for six months and today she'd gotten the word from my wonderful Dr. that there is no sign of cancer in her body! I was so happy for her. They were giving her one more treatment for good measure, she was set to have several more, and after this one they would do one more CT and told her it would be as if she never had it at all. She had not had a bad time with her treatment at all either.
I am so happy for her and her husband. He is a lot older than her and you could just see in his eyes all the relief and all the love he had.
I love happy endings.
Have a good day everybody!

8 comments:

Mary said...

....And your sill be a happy ending, too.

Robbin said...

Yes I will Mary and when I do, we'll all have to figure out how to how a Cyber Party!
Thanks for stopping in.
Love ya ! Stay cool.

Memaw's memories said...

It's always good to hear good news. Sounds like you have a great dr.

And I think you are doing a lot of good with your posting. Whether you get a lot of comments or not, I bet you have a lot of people stop by. They may just not know what to say.

I think your positive attitude is the best medicine you can have.

L'Adelaide said...

robbin, I think those people were angels sent to give you a special message that you WILL be well in time too....hang in there, sweetie.

love, linda

Meg Kelso said...

How wonderful for her family! I know that feeling, the one that you get when the doctor calls to tell you that every sign of cancer is gone...God bless your friend!

And I bitched about my arms that were full of lesions from the chigger bites! Shame on me. Damn it, I can't feel sorry for myself when I hear stories like this!

Seriously, thanks for telling us about her!

Meg

Robbin said...

Hey Shirley, thanks for coming by, as always. It is good for me to journal it and although I feel like its all I write about , it is my life at the moment.

Robbin said...

Linda, maybe you are right. I can't wait until I can say that.

Robbin said...

Hey Meg, it was a happy time for that family and I'm glad I got to see it. Thanks for stopping by and sorry about the chiggers!