Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Special Gift

I got the best, most beautiful card in the mail today with a message that I love and just had to share. First of all, because it might touch someone else passing by but mostly because the person who sent this to me, knew how special it would be for me personally. She knows, you see, my connection with Trees, and even an Old Oak Tree especially.
SO I'm going to type out the Verse for you to share.



"The Oak Tree"


A message of Encouragement


A mighty wind blew night and day,
It stole the oak tree's leaves away ,
Then snapped its boughs
and pulled its bark
until the oak was tired and stark.
But still the oak tree held its ground
while other trees fell all around...
The weary wind gave up and spoke,
"How can you still be standing, Oak?
The oak tree said "I know that you can
break each branch of mine in two
carry every leaf away,
shake my limbs, and make me sway.
But I have roots stretched in the earth,
growing stronger since my birth.
You'll never touch them, for you see,
they are the deepest part of me.
Until today, I wasn't sure
of just how much I could endure.
But now I've found, with thanks to you,
I'm stronger than
I ever knew.




4 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

What a beautiful verse, and how thoughtful for your friend to send it to you.

Robbin said...

I know, Shirley, I love it and her too!

Marge said...

Oh, your friend knows you well. That is the perfect verse for you and she recognized you in that verse. And how true the last line....you are stronger than you ever knew you would be!

We are glued to the TV as there are severe thunderstorms and tornadoes happening just north of us. I think we'll escape with just a thunderstorm but the skies are pretty black.

Blessings on your weekend. I hope you continue to feel well. I'm thinking of you..........Marge

Robbin said...

Oh, hope the bad weather passes ya'll by Marge. Be careful and keep watch and thank you for your good wishes.
So far so good.