Monday, July 21, 2008

I needed groceries and some other things from town, so I got myself up and ready early so I could get it done before the heat settles.. Today 100 degrees is the forecast and it will feel like 110. I'd like to be in Washington State right now for sure. It was in the fifties there this morning I know from a good source and that would feel nice.

And so I'm home now, my groceries put away, my chemo Nurse has called me, and all is well for now. My mother however is catching a cold so I'm staying clear of her. The last thing I need is a cold. The last thing SHE needs is a cold. She's not one to have them often but when she does they are BAD. She called the Dr. and has an appointment in hopes of getting something to help before it turns bad.

I had a bad headache last night and my Nurse seems to think its not a side effect at this point, probably just sinus ,since I told her it was pressure and she told me to take something for sinus today and we'll see if that stops it from happening again.

This morning I'm an emotional wreck. If it were still possible (it is just us girls here, isn't it?) I'd swear I was about to have my period. You know, where a commercial makes you cry? Yesterday I was finally able to sit and watch a movie all the way through. I've had three Netflix movies since before Jonathan died and one of them was " Things We Lost in the Fire." I had tried to watch it earlier but one of the first lines of the movie was about the pain of losing a son. So, OUT it came from the DVD player. But I did watch it yesterday and I cried all the way through it, but it was a good movie. Not that I needed a good reason to cry at all.

I also splurged while ago and bought a new book by LuAnne Rice that I hope to get into. I've not been able to read either. Since I don't have my mother to play with this week, I got to do something. AND.......I want to make jewelry. So who knows, I might do that too.


And so that is just my rambling today. I have to go back to town in the morning for the weekly drawing of blood, but other than that, I'm just chillin' or trying to in 100 degree weather. Thank goodness for A/C, I can't imagine surviving this without it.

OH, and a report on the hair, I still have it. I have lost another little patch, my mother found it in her travel trailer, but at least I got through the family reunion with it. I'm thinking the buzz cut is coming. Soon. At least my head will be cool!

Have a good day you all!
Love,
Robbin

12 comments:

Mary said...

I love the message in the rainbow card. It was very thoughtful of folks from your company to send it along with notes.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling as well and hope the sinus meds work. I don't like to leave the house in this heat, either. Dang, it's hot! I'm a mountain girl and, though I've lived here for several years, this Alabama heat is something else.

Rest today and do just exactly what you want to - nothing less, nothing more.

Robbin said...

Yes, you stay in, this heat is terrible, Mary. Wish we were in the mountains. Thanks for stopping by and I am feeling much better now, I bought sinus stuff, I think that is going to help a bunch.

Tammy Brierly said...

I would blink you over here to the mountains in a heartbeat, if I could. STAY FAR FROM MOM! I hope your sinus pressure is not a bug.

Enjoyed that movie too. Stay cool sweetie!

I'll be calling. ;)

Michele said...

Robbin, rest, relax and stay away from Mom, hard as that may be.

My Mom's hair has started falling out now, not in clumps but shedding..she starts her second round of chemo today.

xoxoxo

Robbin said...

Yes mam to both Tammy and Rapunzel on staying away from my mother.

Memaw's memories said...

I keep telling you hair on your head is highly overated. I'd buzz mine in a heartbeat if I could.

Hope your sinus medicine does just the trick for your headache. I think you are doing just great.

And like everyone else says, stay away from Mom.

It's hot here today too. I think we are supposed to get to 99. Can you hear the cotton growing?

Robbin said...

Shirley, I hear you, no more blow drying, styling, all that crap. No big loss for me, I have fine thin hair anyway, maybe it'll come back thick and a new color. WITH NO gray! LOL. We'll see.

Marge said...

When mom had to have her head shaved for her brain biopsy she was a bit nervous about it and wasn't excited at all. I offered to do mine, too! Soon she realized that it was just hair after all, and she was fine. I didn't do mine, but think of the $$$ we could save: haircuts, styling gell, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, and on and on, and then add in the time saved from not blow drying or curling or straightening! And I'm guessing cool would feel pretty good right now! Go for it! But, stay away from mom!

Blessings,
Marge

Robbin said...

I know Marge, and I got some really cute hats already. I'll be ok with it, but it is a weird feeling to know I get to see what my head looks like naked! LOL.

Chellie said...

We are forcasted to have 100 all week and with the humidity, it will feel way worse than that. I need groceries too, but will wait until it's much later tonight.

I thought I was having PMS the other day and it would be right on time for it, but you can't have that after your uterus is gone, right?? A question for my doctor post surgery on Thursday!!

L'Adelaide said...

stay away from mom and enjoy your skittles, like there are still some left, lol! I would be buzzing my hair off if it was that hot..I detest hot weather and you have that awful humidity to boot...I think the tears might be a bit of a let down after such a busy weekend and all the doings before hand...or just maybe because you are a girl, who knows! glad to see you back blogging tho ;)

Robbin said...

The humidity is what gets you Linda, for sure. You'll see, I did buzz it today, or my mom did who has only a sinus infection.
Yeah, I had a lot on my mind, and I am a girl, a bald girl,lol.
Listen I don't have that pretty of a face, I got to get me some seriously dangling earrings and wear really feminine clothes and PURTY hats, or I fear someone will call me Sir.