Monday, July 21, 2008

Hair today.......Gone tomorrow

Actually it's gone now. Turns out my mom has a sinus infection which her Dr. told her was not contagious and so late this afternoon, we did it. We buzzed it. NO pictures, sorry, I'm not that brave, might scare you all away. But I'm not too freaked about it. It actually feels good. And I got a few cute hats and I ordered two more today so I'm fine. This way I got it before Chemo did, goodie, goodie, goodie!
It's raining here, believe it or not and although there could be bad thunder and lightening with it, I don't hear that part yet, but I do hear wonderful pitter patter of rain on my roof.
I wondered if Sweetie would bark at me when I came home, but she noticed nothing different or if she did, she was much too polite to let on.
I think I'm going to bed early, I didn't even start my new book. Maybe I'll do that now.

Matthew asked me if I looked like this:

And I lied and told him there was a strong resemblance between Demi and myself. (I don't think he believed me.)

I wish I looked like this,
Even Brittney looked good at her worse moments!












But in reality I look much more like this:





Anyway, I'm going now to look for that "Pesky Wabbit!" Just wanted you guys to know, I did it.
Goodnight, sweet dreams to you all.

Oh, and by the way, at least I have no lumps or bumps, there is a scar where I busted my head somewhere in my life..

7 comments:

Marge said...

Good for you! Better that you were in charge of when and how rather than leaving it up to the chemo. I'm glad your mom could do it for you.

Wow, you'll be up and ready so fast in the mornings now.....no hair to mess with!

And sweet dreams to you too...Marge

L'Adelaide said...

big sigh...so glad you did it and got it over with! and I bet it's not half bad either and think of all the things you DON'T have to do now....

sweet dreams! :)

Michele said...

WTG, Robbin! I am sure you are adorable! Someday if you're brave enough you'll show us..in the meantime remember the quote,"God only made so many perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair." :-)

Robbin said...

Yep, Marge, Linda and Rapunzel, and I don't even missed it, put my little cute cap on and went into town to get my blood drawn. And Rapunzel, I will remember that ..thanks.

Tammy Brierly said...

WooHoo! I bet it feels like a win over your fight. You struck first! You go woman!!!!

Memaw's memories said...

I'm just so proud of you. Wear that shiney head like a badge of honor. You have earned it.

Robbin said...

YAY, I know Tammy, no big deal, it's just Hair!

And Shirley, it is a badge of honor to show I'm in this fight for my life with confidence and well, without hair!