Thursday, June 12, 2008

And Life Goes On

I went to sleep early last night and so I am up early this morning. I'm taking something to help me sleep and if I weren't , I wouldn't be sleeping at all. I've never been one to take much medicine, but lately these little blue pills are a blessing.

My Aunt has invited to take me out to supper tonight and I told her we'd wait and see how I am today. But I think I will go. When I was told about Jonathan she is the one who came and stayed with me until my parents and Matthew could get here. My parents were almost to Colorado on their vacation and Matthew had to fly in from Washington, so she spent the night with me and MADE me eat, and just talked endlessly, which she is good at, about what I don't even know, but her constant chatter at least kept me from thinking too deeply at that time.



So, I'm thinking I will go out to eat with her. Plus, she is the only person I know who doesn't have a cell phone and I have one for her. I'd been paying for Jonathan's cell phone service for the last few years because that was a one sure fire way I'd know he'd have service and I could at least find him because when he was depressed, we'd not hear from him for months and months.

And he couldn't always work long enough to keep paying for one himself.


SO, I've upgraded his phone and changed the number and I'm giving it to my Aunt. She has an older car and she makes the trip quite often to visit her sister in South Carolina, so she needs one and she can't really afford any extra expenses. It only costs me $10.00 a month extra but I know she wouldn't accept it without trying to pay me for that, so I'm telling a little white lie and telling her it doesn't cost me anything. (It costs me a lot more for Jonathan to have it as I had to add for him to text and email and whatever else he did, lol.) Even though I've changed the number of the phone, and it will be her's now, I still can't make myself take him off my list of contacts on my own phone and I don't think I ever will.

It is suppose to not quite be as hot as it has been in the last week or so and that will be nice.
Other than that, I have a quite day planned. Maybe a peaceful one. And I hope the same for all of you.

4 comments:

amy said...

What a great idea! She will love it!

Robbin said...

Well, I hope I teach her all it will do but if not at least she can punch in numbers and call people that way and I'll program all her people and that way she'll know who is calling her.
She's never even been on a computer, so we'll see how it goes.

Marge said...

Robbin, what a sweet thing to do. Your aunt will love it, and you. Isn't it great to have someone to help hold things together when you most need it? I'm so glad she was able to be with you until the rest of your family could get there. Give her a hug from me too!

~marge~

Robbin said...

Oh Marge, did she love it. She was so funny to me, like a kid on Christmas morning and it made me feel so good, so I'm glad I did.