Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Other part of my Double Whammy

What does that mean anyway? I mean I know what it means but where in the world did that expression come from?? Hold on a minute, I got to go look it up...................
Ok here's what I found out-A whammy was originally an evil influence or hex. It originated in the USA in the 1940s and is associated with a variety of sports.
So apparently a Double Whammy is 2 evil influences. Anyway, I don't think I'm under any evil hex but life sure is dealing me a bad hand right now.
The other part of my whammy is that tomorrow I go see the oncologist to find out what the plan is about radiation treatments. (if some of you new readers missed it, I was in the process of healing from surgery and I had uterine cancer). Even though they think it is gone, they are recommending 26 radiation treatments, five days a week for almost six weeks.
I've prayed and prayed that I'll go in tomorrow and he'll say they've decided I don't need them but I have a feeling that is not going to happen. And so, I'll deal with it.
I will still be able to work during the treatments and I'm planning on going back to work on Monday. That is going to be weird. I've been gone for two months.
And so, if we'll see what happens there. Grief causes fatigue, the side effects of radiation is fatigue, I don't see how I'm going to be able to move. But like I said, I'll find the strength to do whatever it is I have to do.
Besides, I don't want that MEAN 'ole Cancer showing back up, I'm moving to Washington.
I want to be with my son and his family.
IF you think about it, and I try not to think too much, I'm really being whammied. Within two months I find out I had cancer and I lose my son. Life sure asks for a lot out of you sometimes huh?
But I am strong, and besides, what choice do I have? Somethings you just have to experience and this seems to be the journey chosen for me. (Somebody please remind me of this post when I get so down in the dumps and start feeling sorry for myself.)

8 comments:

Chellie said...

You be sure and email me after you get back from the doctor tomorrow. (Or eme in the middle of the night and i'll get up and read it in the middle of the night!!!!)

Marge said...

Robbin, I am so sorry. I haven't read all your back posts yet, so I didn't know about this. It's times like this that we have to remember that God won't give us any more than we can handle. It's just that sometimes what we think we can handle and what He things we can handle are two different things! If there is anything you blog community of friends can do, please let us know. And do know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.
Marge

GreenishLady said...

That is a double whammy of huge proportions. Things that I thought were cruel blows in my life don't come anywhere near even one of the things you are enduring right now. You are entitled to feel it's a lot, entitled to feel sorry for yourself. I'm thinking of you, and hoping that tomorrow's news will be good.

MrsClare08 said...

Well, now I'm sending you a big ol' hug. I think you need it and you deserve a big Love Hug. :) I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - more than I usually do. Thank you for your words of encouragement. It's nice to hear encouraging words from someone going through so much more than I am. You're a very strong person tho you may not always think so.

Robbin said...

Chellie, I did. Thanks for caring.

Robbin said...

Marge, I keep telling myself this and I know it to be true. You are doing just what I need, listening and commenting when you want to. The words always comfort me.

Robbin said...

Thank you so much Imelda, I hope I spelled your name right, it is such a beautiful name.
You know, I'm just taking it one day at a time, shedding lots of tears at the oddest moments but I am determined, determined to live as best I can with what is dealt to me. Your words help a lot.

Robbin said...

Dear sweet Sara,
I am accepting that hug, and it helps me to take my mind off my own stuff to read what that mind of yours is thinking. ANd I don't feel very strong most of the time but you know what? We're made of a lot tougher stuff than we know, I guess God took care of that. Thank you God.
Love You bunches!