Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Special Gift


When I got home today I had a package in the mail. It was from my sweet Daughter in law. She sent me the most beautiful journal, and a beautiful book called
"The Grieving Garden".



And there was a card. But not just any card. It was beautiful. Starting with the envelope. Can you see the seal?

It's a hummingbird and the seal is gold.




And the card! It's so perfect, so beautiful.
She knows me so well, that DIL of mine.


And look, inside, the sweetest handwritten note anyone could ever hope to ever receive from a woman who took her little boy away from her. (just kidding). I blurred it because it is private after all, but from her heart and a treasure to me always.


And if your eyes are good enough, read what she included. A legend of the hummingbird. Maybe if you click it you can read it better.



And on my very first blank page of my new journal, (doesn't that blank page look so inviting to those of us who write?) , I'm going to write my first entry. AND I'm going to tell about this treasure, this special gift and I'm not talking about these things you see that mean so much to me, I'm talking about that very special gift that was given to me almost ten years ago, the best, most thoughtful daughter in law anyone could ever have.
Thank you Amy. I love you.







6 comments:

amy said...

You are so welcome, and I'm so glad you love it. I still can't get over that card myself. :-) All I wanted was for you to smile. Love you.

Marge said...

What a beautiful gift, Robbin. You do have a very thoughtful daughter-in-love......my favorite name for daughters-in-law. And because I checked out the link to her blog, I think I've just added another blog to my reading list! You have cerainly been blessed!

Have a blessed Sunday,
Marge

Robbin said...

Mission Accomplished. :)

Robbin said...

Oh Marge, I have. I love that name. Sounds like you may have a special one too. There's a story there that I'll blog someday about Amy and Matthew's fast falling in love and marrying so young. And I'm so glad you've visited her. You'll enjoy her blog. Her writings are thoughtful and at times funny, and always entertaining for sure.

Tammy Brierly said...

That paragraph on hummingbirds screams poetry in my head. I must write one! ;)

Amy sounds like an angel! We need to get you up there. Then I can meet you! Woohoo!

Robbin said...

Tammy, I'll be looking for that poem. She is an angel, and yes, I would love to meet you, I got a feeling that is going to happen for sure.
Love ya!