Monday, June 16, 2008

I Made It!

Well, I made it through the day and it went well. We weren't so busy and we had enough staff there to wait on people so I didn't have to do that too much. Just the first hour I was there alone.

I spent most of my time catching up on memos from our home office and talking with Steph about things that had been discussed on our weekly conference call, and I even had time to catch up on my associates lives and what's been up with them.

SO, see, all those thoughts for me helped greatly.
Thank you all who wished me well.

There were a few people who I knew as customers who made it a point to tell me how sorry they were and to give me a hug, and one sweet lady in particular came in to buy contacts. She's been a customer of ours for a long time and after she finished with her purchase she told me how sorry she was and hugged me and whispered to me that she too had lost a child, so she understood what I was going through. I thanked her and told her we were "kindred" spirits. AND... I handled all that with no tears! (ok, maybe one or two) but it was sweet of her to tell me that. I am drawn to those who tell me that they've lost children, I do feel a kinship with them because I know their pain. And even years later its still in their eyes when they mention it.

So, OH, and I almost forgot. Before the leave of absence I could hardly hold out a whole day, so the hysterectomy helped me so much, I was so weak and ached all over and was anemic. I remember hardly being able to get through the day before my surgery, so yay! I'm tired, but just a little.
So, there's my report.
I hope you all had a good Monday.
Thanks again for sending all those good vibes.
Love,
Robbin

4 comments:

Marge said...

You made it! And tomorrow will be easier. I'm so happy that all went well and that you found support at work too. Most people really do care! Now, sleep well and wake refreshed and ready to go again! God bless.

Marge

Robbin said...

Thank you for your Support Marge, I've wondered how your day went. I hope ya'll found out something. I'll be watching for your post.

amy said...

Yay! I'm glad that it went well, and I'm especially glad that you are noticing the physical benefits from your surgery!

Marcie said...

Robbin, What a relief to leap that hurdle - the first day back to work! I'm glad you did so well.

hugs,
Aisling