Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Strength of a Mountain


I have a friend who lives in Washington. They've had nice weather for the last few days and he promised me a picture of the mountains as they showed themselves. This is Mt. Rainier and since he knew today was Jonathan's birthday, he sent it to me in memory of him.

Jonathan loved that part of the country. He in fact drove cross country twice to be with his brother. The first time he did it, he was on the phone with me constantly. "MAMA, you should see this!" or "Oh Mama, I wish you could see what I'm seeing right now" and he'd tried to explain to me all the beauty he was seeing. He soaked it all in, and wanted so badly for me to see what was outside our little world here. He was brave and not afraid to experience adventures in life for sure.. Maybe he knew all along his time was short. I am glad now that he was able to have as many experiences as he did in his short life.

So this was a special gift from a special person on a day that he knew would be hard for me. And I thank you very much, with all my love. He also knows that mountain gives me strength to fight to get done with what I've got to face and to reach my goal of seeing that mountain for real.

No comments: