Tuesday, June 10, 2008

IT Helps so MUCH!



Aisling has a quote that has stayed on her site for a while now that I loved the very first time I read it but now it rings so true for me. It is this:

"One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is listen to each other's stories." ~ Rebecca Falls

Thank you all for listening to my story; for so many of you that have shared bits and pieces of your own children and their problems, both here and in private emails. It makes me realize that we are all connected and we are all more alike than different in many ways. It's that human connection, that connection that I sometimes run from, thinking I can handle things all alone. It's times like I'm going through that makes me know I can't make it all alone.
Love,
Robbin

4 comments:

GreenishLady said...

Dear Robbin, I think you are doing an amazing thing in sharing your story, in the pieces that seem important to you each day, or throughout your day. It seems really important that you have the chance to express the anguish along with things like the wonderful silver lining of Kammy's presence in your life. If having someone to listen is important, it is also important to be given the chance to witness and to be present at times such as this, and I thank you for your trust and your open-hearted giving of your story.

Robbin said...

Thank you so much for being here and for caring and for going on this journey with me. It's a hard one for sure.

Marcie said...

I hope it helps to share your stories. I really believe that what that quote says is true.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Oh Aisling, it is helping me. I loved that quote and I'm glad you had it posted, because it is true for sure.