Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Little Sunshine in my Heart Today


Well, I had a very nice dinner with my Aunt, and I wish you all could have seen her when I gave her the cell phone, I didn't really expect her to be so proud of it but was she ever! And it made me feel so good. She could hardly wait to finish dinner so I could give her lessons on using it. She's going to do fine with it too, I told her to take it home and just play with it. It tickles her to death that it will take pictures...I didn't even think of her liking that part of it.

I'm so glad I did that. She's already called me twice from it since I've been home, lol.

She settled on a ring tone that plays "Singing in the Rain" and I liked it too, I had actually bought that one for her because I wasn't crazy about the tones that it came with. Singing in the Rain is kind of Unique and of her generation and I thought she'd like it.

And it felt good to get out and be somewhere besides a grocery store or a Dr.'s office which is basically the only places I've been lately.

Both my mother and my other aunt, (her sisters) had planned to call her on it while we were eating, and they did. I had their numbers programmed in and it was so funny to see her face when she could read on the phone who was calling her.

So, all in all, I feel pretty good tonight. We're taking this one day at a time you know, and today was a good one. Still it's raining in my heart but I was singing a little too. SO see, all those prayers and hugs and such kind words are helping. Thank you all. I'm overwhelmed by your kindness and the shelter of love and concern you've all build around me.


6 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I'm so glad you had a good day and a nice time with your aunt at dinner. It made me smile to think how much it must have pleased you to see her so excited about the cell phone. What a nice thing for you to do for her.

Robbin said...

Well, I just felt like she needed the phone and I had to pay for it anyway, although only until September but you how something just pops in your mind and you just feel like it is what you need to do? IT pulled at me so hard, and guess I didn't really realize the joy I'd get by doing something that simple. She was so funny. Who knows, maybe Jonathan popped the idea in my head. I just knew it was something I had to do. ANd now I'm so glad I did.

Memaw's memories said...

Sounds like you had a fun diversion with your aunt. Glad you are able to be getting out.

We are all here for you.

amy said...

That is so cool! I wish I could have seen her face, especially when "Norma" and "Ellen" popped up on her phone! I know she will enjoy it, and I'm glad you found some joy. :-)

Robbin said...

Thank you Shirley and thanks for being her for me. It helps me so much.

Robbin said...

I wish you could have seen her Amy, she was like a kid with a new toy!