Sunday, June 29, 2008

Goofin' Off at Work

I don't ususally bring my computer with me to work, but this morning I was working on something
and I thought if I got caught up with my paperwork
here at work, I'd have my computer to finish up what
I was working on.
But, the thing is, I'm still not quite done with my paperwork and stuff
here at work, but here I am on the computer. Go figure!
Only one person works on Sunday, so if you don't have any customers and if you're not so inclined to clean the ever dusty eyeglasss frames and all the mirrors in this place, one can get a little lonely.
So, I guess I'm a little lonely.
But even more so than that, I was thinking about life and such and just being amazed at how quickly your life can change.

I mean, you HEAR that statement all your life, and you know it's true, you've seen it happen to other people around you. You see it on TV and in the movies. But when it happens to you, well, it takes on a whole new meaning.

In a blink of an eye, your world can change by something you see, or something you feel or in my case, words that were spoken to me. Words that nobody would ever wants to hear.
And after a while, people will say to you, "you'll realize that there's a reason all this is happening."

A REASON? Are you kidding me? WHY do terrible things have to happen to anyone? Why do perfectly nice people in the prime of their lives get stricken with some sort of disease that nobody even knows a lot about?
Why do terrible things happen to little innocent children? Those are reasonable questions and age old questions. And questions we'll never know the answers to.

And you do what is the only thing you can do which is to hold on tight. Weather the storm, hope for better times.

I don't spend a whole lot of time dwelling on WHY but just HOW to make it one more day. How to find joy in every day, and laughter. And if I'm lucky, I"ll be a more compassionate person , a more perceptive one when I come out on the other side of this. Maybe a better daughter, a better mother, a better friend, a better person.

And you know what? Those are all the things I've always strived for anyway. I'm taking a crash course I guess.
Happy Sunday ! I'd better get back to this work that I get paid to do.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: