Friday, June 27, 2008

Helen Keller Sends Me a Message


As a child, when I first discovered Helen Keller I was so amazed. I read everything I could on her and Annie Sullivan. And to this day I still am in awe of how she accomplished things in a world where she couldn't hear or see. Today the inspirational quote is from her:

Today's Inspirational Quote:

"Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can
never do anything wise in this world."

-- Helen Keller


I hear you Miss Helen, loud and clear.

It seems I am just in a fowl mood. So I'll keep this short.
I have work today and I have a big swelled jaw that I think is going to be a little bruised as well. Just another battle scar I got going here.

My parents left yesterday for a weekend "get away" in the travel trailer with some friends. That is good for them especially since their Colorado vacation got interrupted.
Hope all is well with you guys and that you have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

I think anger is part of any healing process. It's not just enough to miss your loved one, but to think of the 'inconvenience' to your life that your illness has caused.

That's enough to make anyone mad. Just let it run it's course, make a list of anyone you may have shared your anger with, and in a day or two when it has passed, you can apologise to them. And you will be able to laugh.

If you don't ever get angry, how do you know when peace has settled on you?

Tammy Brierly said...

A bit of inspiration from another fellow warrior...perfect! HUG

Robbin said...

Thanks for your words of encouragment Shirley, and it is the two things that merge when I sort of lose it. I'm hangin in there and gearing up for whatever lies ahead.

Robbin said...

Tammy, yep, she spoke to me this morning for sure, and today is her birthday.