Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Well........

....all I can say is this. Things are tough for me right now. Have you noticed?
Marge over at Road Sage had a post up yesterday that I so could and can relate to. It was called Hurry Up and Wait. When you are dealing with Doctors and hospitals that is what you do. And that is what I did today. And here's the news. After looking at the CT scan again they've decided there's a little thing they'd like to look close at so, pending my insurance approves it, I have to now have a Pet Scan. That will be next week, I'll go and talk to him again on June 24th, and we'll go from there.
Once you've had cancer in your body, they take no chances and he said he'd hate to spend time treating me in my pelvic area when something else is brewing in my stomach, which is where they are concerned about a Lymph Node that is enlarged.
And so now, we wait. Some more.
Not exactly the news I wanted to hear, but after a good cry, I'll put on my suit of armor and go to battle again.
The timing of course is terrible.
And the Dr. knows this and said he hated to tell me, but I think he's a good Dr. and he got several other opinions and they all came to the conclusion that they'd better check it out.
So that's what we will do.

9 comments:

Marge said...

Okay Robbin. I am rounding up some prayer warriors and we'll get you covered gal.

And, yes, if the doctor suspects someting brewing in your stomach, you need to get it checked out. Please keep us updated so our prayers can be specifically directed at what you need.

And I love that you put on your suit of armor and are heading into battle again. You go girl!

Surrounding you with thoughts and prayers. ~Marge~

Robbin said...

OK, Marge, we'll fight for you and me. My Daughter In Law made a post for me from Mother Teresa, she said, "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." That's the way I feel at the moment. Thank you so much for caring. And for the prayers you can send and all those positive thoughts!

L'Adelaide said...

this is terrible news....I guess we shall keep good thoughts, positive ones full of light and love....

when it rains, it pours, as they say...but, on second thought, with your armor suit, we will pray for sunny warm days :)

Marcie said...

Robbin, I'm still thinking good thoughts and sending prayers. Keep us posted.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Linda, thanks and yep, the rain is not going to drown me with my suit of armor. Thanks for checking on me.

Robbin said...

Keep doing Aisling, I'm feeling those thoughts and prayers, hey are what keep me going. And you know how special you are to me.

Linda@VS said...

Sometimes I think the bad things happen to us in bundles so we'll have long stretches of good times in between. If we had to take the "whammies" one at a time, they'd stretch out forever and spoil some otherwise perfectly good days.

Add my thoughts and prayers to all the other ones coming your way.

Robbin said...

That's a good way to look at it Velvet, and I think I've experienced that before, I sometimes have gone forever with things going very well and them WHAM!

Tammy Brierly said...

A true warrior post!