Sunday, June 15, 2008

Plans

Well, I have an invitation up to my mom's for supper tonight. My Step Father called and invited me. He is a man that doesn't like surprises or changes and so for the last 10 years or so I've given him a Father's Day card with a Walmart Gift card in it. It is always $25 dollars and he just uses it a little all year and by the time Father's Day arrives he has a couple of dollars left on it. It's become a tradition I guess. But this year I made it $35, due to inflation and all, and I hope that doesn't throw him all off balance.

My mother married him the year I turned 20. I was already married and was expecting Jonathan at the time. And he is 9 years older than me and 11 years younger than her, so although I've never really thought of him as my father figure, he is the grandfather of my children in every way.

When Jonathan was born, he was only 29, and he proudly told all the nurses that this was his grandson. They just laughed at him and thought he was just very strange. But it was true and having no children of his own, and not being able to because of an accident he'd had in his early 20's, it worked out well.

I have made a few pieces of Jewelry for my little granddaughter Kammy. Just some bracelets on elastic that I'm hoping she will like. I know she doesn't know me yet, and she is very shy but I can't wait until she can say to me she loves me. But she doesn't know me yet, and she lives an hour and a half away and we are emailing, I don't won't to rush her but I can't wait to hear those words, "I Love you Grandma Robbin". Maybe I will hear them one day.

No comments: