Sunday, June 08, 2008

I had written Aisling earlier today and told her that it was so hot, I couldn't take a Sunday stroll, but I got invited this afternoon up to my mom's for supper and it had cooled down in the late afternoon enough where we could walk around a bit and see what new DayLily there was. So, with camera in hand, we strolled and the most AMAZING thing happened. So I just had to share.
The Daylillies are in their glory and the yellow ones are amazing, I've taken picture after picture of them but I still can't resist.



These little purple ones remind me of that rhyme "Pretty Little Maidens" all in a row, only there are more than three.

This one was the new one, beautiful frilly Peachy color. It was pretty.




And then the most amazing thing I was talking about happened. All spring there have been the most beautiful butterflies and I've tried and tried to get a picture of one on the flowers but I never could, they'd move at the wrong moment, they'd be in a bad position, I wouldn't be up close enough, but this afternoon, without a butterfly in sight, right before I clicked, he landed and here it is, finally, my butterfly picture. And it makes me smile.



I think it was a special gift and I accept it proudly. How about that?

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, That really was an amazing moment for you. I'm glad you were able to take the stroll in the cooler part of the day.

I love the photo you took. A beautiful butterfly and a favorite flower for you. Just perfect!

I'll have to comment more later - thunder and lightening are urging me to shut down the computer and pull the plug for the night.

hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

It was perfect, Aisling, sounds like you are in for a stormy night for sure. Send us some rain down here please, we could sure use it.