Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Well..........

..........I have good news and some not so good news. The good news is that I've not had a nervous breakdown.......YET! But I am so ready to hear some good news. The Dr.s news was not what I wanted to hear.

I had the PET scan and sure enough, that lymph node in my stomach glowed like a Christmas tree which mean is has cancer. Apparently there are also some in my pelvic area, not glowing as much but glowing just the same.

Treatment is Chemo and then the radiation that I was expecting anyway.
I have an appointment next Tuesday with the Chemo Dr.

The Oncologist Radiologist that I saw today, will hardly answer any questions. So that's all I know. All he says is that there is cancer in that one node, a little in the others in the pelvic area and they are going to treat me and make me well and he is going to pray for me, GOODBYE.

I'm hoping the Chemo Dr. will answer the questions I have, but we'll see.
I'd like to say FORGET it, I'll take my chances but I can't do that of course. I'm going to move to Washingon, I got places to see and things to do.

And so, as you can imagine I feel like I'm a punching bag right now, could sure use some GOOD news.

Thanks for everyone's help in thoughts and prayers. I'm sure they were answered in ways we don't understand, or at least in a way I don't.
Love,
Robbin

9 comments:

Chellie said...

Hang in there, Robbin! I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, but you were prepared for radiation and you have Washington and your family there to look forward to, so knock it all out and get on the road!!

Marge said...

I am so sorry that the news wasn't better today. I was thinking about you this afternoon, wondering what you were finding out. I hope the Chemo Dr. will answer your questions next week. It's so frustrating when you want to know and they won't tell you.

Yes, you have to do the treatments so you can get on your way to Washington. Like you said, you have places to see and things to do. Please keep us informed as you start your treatments, and we'll keep you covered in prayer.

Sending thoughts, prayers and love. Marge

Robbin said...

Thank you both Chellie, and Marge.

Marcie said...

Robbin, That was not what I wanted to hear. Well, I'm just going to pray harder. I wish I could do more.

love,
Aisling

MrsClare08 said...

Hi Robbin - I'm sorry the news wasn't better yesterday. Steph sent me an email last nite telling me. You were in my thoughts & prayers all nite - and you will continue to be. Like everyone else has said, I'll reiterate - let's get that horrible stuff out of your body so you can start a new chapter with your family in WA! :) Loveya...

Tammy Brierly said...

Put your armor on and prepare to fight mighty warrior. You have so much to fight for and many that will stand at your side.

Do what ever it takes!

Love & prayers

Becca said...

Robbin, I love Tammy's advice! "Put your armor on and fight!" All of us out here in blogland we'll have your back as you venture into battle!

Sending love and prayers...

L'Adelaide said...

this is not the news I had hoped to read....it has been some days since I have dropped by for a visit and was saddened to see your news BUT you have things to do and places to go, as you so well know....as awful as it sounds and as scared as I am sure you are, my bet is, when all is said and done, you will be happy and healthy in your new home, with this a very unpleasant but distant memory! you will be in my prayers and thoughts...

Robbin said...

Aisling & Sara, thank you both so much, keep those prayers coming, Tammy & Becca, I'm all suited up, had to have a little resting time there, but I'm ready for the fight, thanks for standing along side of me, and yes Linda, that is the prize for me and the goal I'm working for. Thanks all of you, you give me courage and determination, and for that I am so grateful. Love you all!