Friday, June 13, 2008

Cinquain

I found a new blogger friend today and on her site I learned of a type of poetry I'd not heard of before. It called cinquain. Tammy is my new friend's name and her blog is called
The Daily Warrior . It is such a peaceful place to visit and she is a Warrior for sure, so visit her when you have time. I posted the rules of the one she wrote below and her poem was beautiful, and so I thought I'd give it a try since I love poetry and words. Aisling, over at The Quiet Country House, introduced me to many different types of poetry last year on her blog and I enjoyed it so much. So anyway here are the rules and the definition of a cinquain.

A cinquain has five lines. Line 1 is one word (the title). Line 2 is two words that describe the title. Line 3 is three words that tell the action. Line 4 is four words that express the feeling. Line 5 is one word that recalls the title.

I wrote three of them, and I'm new at it but I'll share.


Heart
beating fast
No longer whole
Can it be mended?
Love


Loss
painful devastating
drips like rain
contantly in my heart
Gone


Comfort
soothing loving
is needed always
What I seek daily
Peace

6 comments:

GreenishLady said...

I'm so glad you've met Tammy. She is a wonder! Those cinquains are so delicate and fine.

[As to the word-confusion you mentioned in your last post, I'm pretty sure it's not a permanent condition. Your brain has just had a lot to handle, and is taking it easy on the things that don't matter too much at the moment. The lapses you described were funny little ones, though - and you remembered them!]

Robbin said...

Hi Imelda, I did so enjoy meeting her and You for leading me to both of these amazing women.
Our minds get on overload I suppose and I got back to work on Monday after being out for two months and so I hope I do better there. If not, my customers are going to very confused. Hope you had a nice weeekend.

Marcie said...

Robbin, Your cinquain are beautiful and poignant. There is something so meditative about writing poetry, I find.

I'm going to go read Tammy's blog. It is good to make connections, and find places to "fill your well" with peace and positive energy. I'm glad you encountered her, just when you needed to.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Hi Aisling, I know, isn't it funny how its a chain of us, connected to each other. It's like Imelda found me through you, and then Becca found me through her and then Tammy found me through her and for me right now, it is like a chain of love of the sort of people I connect to. IT is amazing.

Tammy Brierly said...

I've taken a Robbin day today. I'm reading your whole blog but I won't be commenting on everyone. ;)

You are a natural girl! XXOO

Robbin said...

I consider you comment Tammy a real honor after reading your work. Silly girl, a Robbin day, you should be sick of me by now.