Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bracelets for Kammy

I don't know a lot about ten year old little girls except that they want to be 13 or in Haleigh's case (and she's only seven) she wants to be 14. But I do know they like jewelry and so I got the beads out and made the new little girl in my life some bracelets on elastic. I'm going to put them in the mail to her and hope I've guessed he size right. Her favorite color is lime green so that's what inspired this one, I added a little sparkle with some crystals.

This one is Turquoise and Goldstone.
And this last one is made of some wooden beads from some a vintage necklace I'd picked up somewhere and some pretty glass beads.
I noticed when she was here she was wearing a little beaded necklace so I'm going to work on a necklace for her too.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chellie said...

Kammy will love those. I still think it's so funny that Haleigh said that some people think she is 14. :)

Marcie said...

I love the bracelets; I think Kammy will too. Beadwork, to me, is very meditative... it is especially so when one is making a gift of love.

Robbin said...

Chellie, that child cracks me up. I can't wait to be with her and maybe help her slow down a little and enjoy being a little girl. Maybe, I can do that. We'll see, if those some people who thinks she looks 14 will go away, lol.

Robbin said...

For me too Aisling, just handling them calms me down, especially as you know, the gemstones. I love them. I hope she'll like them.