Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday Conference Call



We have a conference call every Tuesday morning with the stores in my district. This I've not had to do for two months either, so it will be the first time I've had any contact, except for my boss, for a while. I got cards from a few of them, my fellow managers, and they are a great bunch of people so I'm not too nervous about it, it will be fine.

It is an early morning call and I don't go into work actually until noon and I will close the store at eight, it's my night to work late.

So, I'm getting a second cup of coffee and listen to my boss fuss about how bad sales are and not taking the excuse that the cost of gas and the cost of food is causing people to put off buying new glasses right now. But it's true. It's just the way it is right now, but it is her job to make sure we are doing all we can. And so that is what I will do for the next 45 minutes.

No comments: