Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Belated Thank You to my Best Friend

Coming out of my daze a little and thinking of what details I can remember after getting the worse news I've ever recieved, I, in all my grief haven't thought of the people in my life and what they've had to go through along with me. Although I knew they were there standing right beside me all the way, holding me up, getting me through all the necessary things and praying all the way it wasn't until my best friend Steph blogged yesterday about her experience that it dawned on me that they've carried pain for me and my family. This is a small town and before they came out to tell me, because they knew I was alone they called her to come with them because they knew she is my best friend. She had to leave work. Here's what she wrote yesterday about it on her blog.
Thank you Steph for being there. And I'm sorry I haven't thanked you before now.
We've been best friends for 13 or 14 years now. We've worked together that long too which is where we met. We've worked together in three different towns for the same company. Our lives are different now, I'm very much an introvert, she is married now and has a child (named after me whom I love with all my heart) and we don't have a lot of time to spend with each other as she is involved with family and her church and other things. But we're always just an email away and boy has she had some heart wrenching emails from me those first few weeks.
Thank you Steph for standing by me when I got the news. You're in my heart forever. But you knew that.

9 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

This is what friends do for each other and I'm sure you would have done the same. Steph is a good friend!

Marge said...

Steph sounds like a wonderful friend. It's good you have her, and I'm glad she could be with you when you received the painful news of your son. I have a friend like that. We no longer work together because I retired, but if I need her she will be here within minutes of my call. Those friends are a gift from God, aren't they.

And this new friend will be thinking of you on Monday when you go back to work. With good thoughts to surround you, you will make it through the day, and each day after will get a little easier. Just remember all of your friends will be with you in thought. Take our strength.

God bless you. Marge

Marge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marge said...

That deleted comment was a second posting of my comment. No clue why it posted twicce! Marge

Robbin said...

Sage, that happens to me too, the posting twice, a blogger thing I guess.
Yes, Steph is a good friend and we've through a lot through the years, this being the worse. And she knows me so well, and I know she felt so helpless but she also if I needed her I would have went to her. She listened to lots of emails every night during the time between his death and the memorial service.
And thank you my new friend for your support and thoughts when I go back to work, how sweet you are to think of me even when you're involved with your own worries. I'm with you too, know that!

The_Gertster said...

You HAVE thanked me,,,,but you KNOW it isnt necessary to thank me! But you are welcome! You have been there for me so many times! You were there when my daughter was born! One time I was sick with the flu and you came to my house and cooked chicken soup for me.I have said before that "best friends" doesnt really describe our relationship,,,,,"best friends" doesnt go deep enough,,,,,,I love ya! I am always here for you, as I know you are for me!

Robbin said...

Steph, Yep, sisters are we. I love you too.

MrsClare08 said...

Awww...brought tears to my eyes to read this about my sister. She's a great person! How proud I am! (Just wish we lived closer!) :)

Robbin said...

Yep, she is wonderful Sara, be proud of her. And I wish you lived closer too.